|The ongoing pneumonia outbreak in the city of Wuhan is caused by a newly identified coronavirus 2019-nCoV, named by the World Health Organization on January 12nd, 2020.This new virus belongs to the Betacoronavirus Genus, which also includes SARS CoV (2003) and MERS CoV (2012). The sequence reveals that 2019-nCoV is more similar to SARS-CoV (70% similarity) than to MERS-CoV (40%).
Same as all other coronaviruses, the genome of 2019-nCOV encodes the spike protein, the envelope protein, the membrane protein, and the nucleocapsid protein.
|Full List of 2019-nCoV Antigens
||The spike protein (S-protein) mediates receptor binding and membrane fusion. Spike protein contains two subunits, S1 and S2. S1 contains a receptor binding domain (RBD), which is responsible for recognizing and binding with the cell surface receptor. S2 subunit is the "stem" of the structure, which contains other basic elements needed for the membrane fusion. The spike protein is the common target for neutralizing antibodies and vaccines.
|It’s been reported that 2019-nCoV (ref.) can infect the human respiratory epithelial cells through interaction with the human ACE2 receptor. Indeed, the recombinant Spike protein can bind with recombinant ACE2 protein.
【Reference: Xintian Xu.Evolution of the novel coronavirus from the ongoing Wuhan outbreak and modeling of its spike protein for risk of human transmission.SCIENCE CHINA Life Sciences.2020】
The nucleocapsid Protein (N-protein) is the most abundant protein in coronavirus. The N-protein is a highly immunogenic phosphoprotein, and it is normally very conserved. The N protein of coronavirus is often used as a marker in diagnostic assays.
Sino Biological Inc. is dedicated to infectious disease research. The company started to develop relevant tools for nCOV research, including cDNA clones, antigens, and antibodies, immediately after the sequence is published. The recombinant antigens we provide include the full length S protein (ECD), the S1 subunit, the S2 subunit, the S1 RBD, and the N protein.
Sino Biological can also provide CRO service for proteins and antibodies.
Contact Us to Order:
Social Media: Facebook, Linkedin
Capacity of Viral Reagents Development
• 2009.5 Launched Recombinant Influenza A H5N1 Hemagglutinin Protein
• 2009.12 Launched Influenza A H5N1 HA ELISA Pair Set and H1N1 HA ELISA Pair Set
• 2012.12 Launched MERS-CoV Spike Protein(S1,S2,S-RBD),NP protein within 50 Days after Sequence Published.
• 2013.4 Completed R&D of H7N9 HA Protein & H7N9 NA Protein in 12 Days.
• 2013.10 Launched SARS CoV Spike Protein,NP Protein.
• 2014.2 Completed R&D of EBOV NP, GP, VP40, VP24 Proteins.
• 2016.6 Completed R&D of ZIKV Envelope, Membane protein in 14 Days.
• 2020.1 Completed R&D of 2019-nCoV Viral Proteins (Spike, S1, S2, RBD protein) in 12 Days.
View Related Viral Products