>p15 PAF (KIAA0101)
p15 PAF (KIAA0101)
KIAA0101, also known as p15(PAF), is a proliferating cell nuclear antigen-associated factor which interacts with proliferating cell nuclear antigen(PCNA). It was initially isolated in a yeast two-hybrid screen for PCNA binding partners, and was shown to bind PCNA competitively with the cell cycle regulator p21(WAF). KIAA0101 is localized primarily in the nucleus. It shares the conserved PCNA binding motif with several other PCNA binding proteins including CDK inhibitor p21 . KIAA0101 is involved in cell proliferation and plays a role in early tumor recurrence (ETR), and prognosis of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). KIAA0101 is expressed predominantly in liver, pancreas and placenta. It cannot be detected in heart or brain. It is highly expressed in a number of tumors, especially esophageal tumors, in anaplastic thyroid carcinomas and in non-small-cell lung cancer lines. Overexpression of KIAA0101 predicts high stage, early tumor recurrence, and poor prognosis of hepatocellular carcinoma. It also may be involved in protection of cells from UV-induced cell death.
p15 PAF (KIAA0101) Proteins
p15 PAF (KIAA0101) Antibodies
p15 PAF (KIAA0101) ELISA Pair sets
p15 PAF (KIAA0101) cDNA Clones
L5, NS5ATP9, OEATC, OEATC-1, OEATC1, PAF, p15(PAF), p15/PAF, p15PAF, HCV NS5A-transactivated protein 9, PCNA-associated factor, hepatitis C virus NS5A-transactivated protein 9, overexpressed in anaplastic thyroid carcinoma 1 [Homo sapiens]
Entrez Gene summary for p15 PAF (KIAA0101):
OMIM - description for p15 PAF (KIAA0101):
By sequencing clones obtained from a size-fractionated immature myeloid leukemia cell line cDNA library, Nagase et al. (1995) cloned KIAA0101. The deduced protein contains 111 amino acids. Northern blot analysis detected high expression in thymus and colon, intermediate expression in placenta, liver, kidney, spleen, ovary, small intestine, and peripheral blood leukocytes, weak expression in lung, pancreas, and testis, and no expression in heart, brain, skeletal muscle, and prostate. Expression was also detected in HeLa cells.
Wikipedia summary for p15 PAF (KIAA0101):
PCNA-associated factor is a protein that in humans is encoded by the KIAA0101 gene.
Recommended name: PCNA-associated factor
Interacts with PCNA and isoform 2/p33ING1b of ING1.
|Subcellular location:||Nucleus. Mitochondrion|
Expressed predominantly in liver, pancreas and placenta. Not detected in heart or brain. Highly expressed in a number of tumors, especially esophageal tumors, in anaplastic thyroid carcinomas and in non-small-cell lung cancer lines.
General information above from UniProt
May be involved in protection of cells from UV-induced cell death.
- p15 PAF (KIAA0101) is directly involved in transcription elongation via histone H2B ubiquitination and histone H3 methylation
- PAF1 and the PAF complex are key regulators of cell-cycle progressionb
- p15 PAF (KIAA0101) acts in chromatin transcription elongation both independently and cooperatively with TCEA2 and TCEA3
- p15 PAF (KIAA0101) likely plays an important role in the complex processes of embryonic stem cell growth and terminal differentiation
- p15 PAF (KIAA0101) regulates the developmental potential of the lateral plate mesoderm and is required cell autonomously for the specification of cardiac precursors
- p15 PAF (KIAA0101) is involved in the regulation of transcriptional elongation and has oncogenic potential
- homolog to murine Paf1 (98.9pc)
- homolog to rattus Paf1 (98.5pc)