- EGFR Signaling Pathway
- TGF-beta Signaling
- Canonical Wnt Signaling
- non-Canonical Wnt Signaling
- Notch Signaling
- p53 Pathway
- NF-kB Pathway
- Cytokine Signaling
>c-MPL / CD110 / TPOR Protein
c-MPL / CD110 / TPOR Protein
Myeloproliferative leukemia virus oncogene
c-MPL / CD110 / TPOR Products
c-MPL / CD110 / TPOR Protein, Recombinant
|Molecule||Species||Description //For Detailed Info. and Price------CLICK!||Cat No|
|c-MPL / CD110 / TPOR||Rat||MPL / MPLV Protein, Recombinant||80346-R08B|
c-MPL / CD110 / TPOR Alternative Names
myeloproliferative leukemia virus oncogene, MPL, RP1-92O14.1, C-MPL, CD110, MPLV, THCYT2, TPOR, TPOR, myeloproliferative leukemia protein, proto-oncogene c-Mpl, thrombopoietin receptor [Homo sapiens]
myeloproliferative leukemia virus oncogene, Mpl, RP23-145E1.7, CD110, TPOR, c-mpl, c-mpl-I, c-mpl-II, hlb219, myeloproliferative leukemia protein, proto-oncogene c-Mpl, thrombopoietin receptor [Mus musculus]
c-MPL / CD110 / TPOR Background
TPOR, also known as CD110 and c-MPL, is a 635 amino acid transmembrane domain, with two extracellular cytokine receptor domains and two intracellular cytokine receptor box motifs. TPOR is expressed at a low level in a large number of cells of hematopoietic origin. C-MPL is homologous with members of the hematopoietic receptor superfamily. Presence of anti-sense oligodeoxynucleotides of c-mpl inhibited megakaryocyte colony formation. Thrombopoietin is the ligand for c-mpl. It was shown to be the major regulator of megakaryocytopoiesis and platelet formation. Defects in c-MPL are a cause of congenital amegakaryocytic thrombocytopeniawhich is a disease characterized by isolated thrombocytopenia and megakaryocytopenia with no physical anomalies. Defects in c-MPL also cause thrombocythemia type 2 and myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasia.
c-MPL / CD110 / TPOR Related Studies
- Souyri M, et al. (1991) A putative truncated cytokine receptor gene transduced by the myeloproliferative leukemia virus immortalizes hematopoietic progenitors. Cell. 63(6):1137-47.
- Vigon I, et al. (1989) The human homolog of the myeloproliferative virus maps to chromosome band 1p34. Hum Genet. 83(2):194-6.
- Vigon I, et al. (1992) Molecular cloning and characterization of MPL, the human homolog of the v-mpl oncogene: identification of a member of the hematopoietic growth factor receptor superfamily. Proc Natl Acad Sci. 89(12):5640-4.
- Kato T, et al. (1999) Native thrombopoietin: structure and function. Stem Cells. 16(5):322-8.