- EGFR Signaling Pathway
- TGF-beta Signaling
- Canonical Wnt Signaling
- non-Canonical Wnt Signaling
- Notch Signaling
- p53 Pathway
- NF-kB Pathway
- Cytokine Signaling
>TGF-beta / Transforming Growth Factor-beta
TGF-beta / Transforming Growth Factor-beta
The mature TGF-beta protein dimerizes to produce a 25 KDa active molecule with many conserved structural motifs, which can play roles in immunity, cancer, heart disease...More about TGF-beta Structure and Function.
In most cases an activated TGF-β ligand will initiate the TGF-β signaling cascade as long as TGF-β receptors I and II are within reach. More about TGF-beta Receptor.
TGF-beta signaling is involved in the regulation of proliferation, differentiation and survival/or apoptosis of many cells, including glioma cells. The basic elements of the transforming growth factor-β (TGFβ) pathway were revealed more than a decade ago. More about TGF-beta Signaling.
Natural inhibitors for the TGF-beta superfamily regulate fine-tuning of activity of TGF-beta family in vivo. In addition, soluble forms of receptors for the TGF-beta family, blocking monoclonal antibodies and small chemical TGF-beta inhibitors have been developed. More about TGF-beta Inhibitor .
Transforming growth factor-β (TGFβ) suppresses tumor formation since it inhibits cell growth and promotes apoptosis. More about TGF-beta and Cancer.
TGF-beta 1 / TGFB1 is a member of the transforming growth factor beta (TGFB) family. More about TGF-beta 1 Review.
TGF-beta Related Studies
- Joan M, et al. (2008) TGFβ in Cancer. Cell. 134(2): 215–230.
- Qin J, et al. (2013) COUP-TFII inhibits TGF-β-induced growth barrier to promote prostate tumorigenesis. Nature. 493(7431):236-40.
- Kaminska B, et al. (2013) TGF beta signaling and its role in glioma pathogenesis. Adv Exp Med Biol. 986:171-87.
- Derynck R, et al. (2001) TGF-beta signaling in tumor suppression and cancer progression. Nat Genet. 29(2):117-29.
- Heldin CH, et al. (2012) Regulation of EMT by TGFβ in cancer. FEBS Lett. 586(14):1959-70.
- Erin C. Connolly, et al. (2012) Complexities of TGF-β Targeted Cancer Therapy. Int J Biol Sci. 8(7): 964–978.
- Bachman KE, et al. (2005) Duel nature of TGF-beta signaling: tumor suppressor vs. tumor promoter. Curr Opin Oncol. 17(1):49-54.
- Atsuhito N, et al. (1997) TGF-bold beta receptor-mediated signalling through Smad2, Smad3 and Smad4. The EMBO Journal. 16, 5353-5362.
- K. Tsuchida, et al. (2006) Inhibitors of the TGF-beta Superfamily and their Clinical Applications. Mini-Reviews in Medicinal Chemistry. 6, 1255-1261.
- de Lacerda D. (2012) Striae distensae: the fibrillin/transforming growth factor beta signaling puzzle. Skinmed. 10(6):338-40.
Browse by TGF-beta Signaling
Browse by product category
Browse by molecular