Sino biological offers a wide selection of tools for T cell related research. These include high-purity recombinant proteins, high-specific antibodies and ORF cDNA clones.
T Cell Related Products Index
T Cell Background
T cell, also known as T lymphocyte, is a type of white blood cell that is of key importance to the immune system and is at the core of adaptive immunity. The abbreviation “T”, in T cell, stands for thymus, the organ in which T cells mature. T cells express special receptors on their surfaces that are not expressed by other lymphocyte types, and thus they can be distinguished from B cells and natural killer (NK) cells. T cell receptors are responsible for T cell antigen recognition bound to major histocompatibility complex (MHC) molecules.
Immature T cells (termed T-stem cells) migrate to the thymus gland in the neck, where they mature and differentiate into various types of mature T cells. Several types of T cells have been defined based on their specific function, including helper T cells, cytotoxic T cells, regulatory T cells, memory T cells and gamma delta (γδ) T cells. T cells play a central role in cell-mediated immunity. And they can produce substances called cytokines that further stimulated the immune responses including production of antibodies.
T Cell Related Studies
- Goverman J. (2009) Autoimmune T cell responses in the central nervous system. Nat Rev Immunol. 9(6):393-407.
- Cencioni MT, et al. (2009) T cell response in acute motor axonal neuropathy. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 22(4):1043-50.
- Bushar ND, et al. (2010) Ablation of SLP-76 signaling after T cell priming generates memory CD4 T cells impaired in steady-state and cytokine-driven homeostasis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 107(2):827-31.
- Govers C, et al. (2010) T cell receptor gene therapy: strategies for optimizing transgenic TCR pairing. Trends Mol Med. 16(2):77-87.
- Zhu J, et al. (2010) CD4(+) T Cell Plasticity-Th2 Cells Join the Crowd. Immunity. 32(1):11-13.