>Neural Crest Cell Marker
Neural Crest Cell Marker
Sino Biological provides a comprehensive set of tools for neural crest cell marker related studies, including recombinant proteins, antibodies (rabbit MAb & PAb, mouse MAb), ELISA kits, and ORF cDNA clones.
Neural Crest Cell Marker Products
Please click the molecular formulas to find products that you are interested.
* Being developed. Tell us your requirement so that the products of interest be placed on the priority list.
Neural Crest Cell Background
Neural crest stem cells which are derived from ectoderm are transient, multipotent cells. Neural crest stem cells migrate from the roof plate of the neural tube where they originate, to generate a prodigious number of differentiated cell types. Neural crest cells break away from the neural plate or neural tube by changing their shape and properties from those of typical neuroepithelial cells to those of mesenchymal cells. Cell types differentiated from neural crest stem cells include: the neurons and glial cells of the sensory, sympathetic, and parasympathetic nervous systems, the epinephrine-producing (medulla) cells of the adrenal gland, the pigment-containing cells of the epidermis, and many of the skeletal and connective tissue components of the head. The fate of the neural crest cells depends, to a large degree, on where they migrate to and settle.
Neural Crest Cell Related Studies
- Huang, X, et al. (2004). Induction of the neural crest and the opportunities of life on the edge. Dev. Biol. 275, 1-11.
- Kléber M, et al. (2005) Neural crest stem cell maintenance by combinatorial Wnt and BMP signaling. J Cell Biol. 169(2):309-20.
- Sieber-Blum M, et al. (2008) Mouse epidermal neural crest stem cell (EPI-NCSC) cultures. J Vis Exp. (15). pii: 772.
- Fuchs S, et al. (2009) Stage-specific control of neural crest stem cell proliferation by the small rho GTPases Cdc42 and Rac1. Cell Stem Cell. 4(3):236-47.