- EGFR Signaling Pathway
- TGF-beta Signaling
- Canonical Wnt Signaling
- non-Canonical Wnt Signaling
- Notch Signaling
- p53 Pathway
- NF-kB Pathway
- Cytokine Signaling
>Influenza NEP / NS2 Protein (Nuclear Export Protein, Nonstructural Protein 2)
Influenza NEP / NS2 Protein (Nuclear Export Protein, Nonstructural Protein 2) H7N9 Protein & Antibody New !
Influenza NEP / NS2 Products
Influenza NEP / NS2 Protein, Recombinant
|Molecule||Species||Description //For Detailed Info. and Price------CLICK!||Cat. No|
|Influenza NEP/NS2||Influenza A||H1N1 (A/Puerto Rico/8/34/Mount Sinai) NS2/Non-structural Protein 2, Recombinant, Native||40012-VNAE|
Influenza NEP / NS2 Background
The influenza virus non-structural protein NS2, which had no previously assigned function, was shown to mediate the nuclear export of virion RNAs by acting as an adaptor between viral ribonucleoprotein complexes and the nuclear export machinery of the cell. NS2, also called nuclear export protein (NEP), of influenza A virus contains a leucine-rich nuclear-export signal that could guide viral ribonucleoproteins to cross the nuclear pore complex (NPC) and complete directional nucleocytoplasmic trafficking. The NS2 (NEP) protein contains a highly conserved nuclear export signal (NES) motif in its amino-terminal region (12ILMRMSKMQL21, A/WSN/33), which is thought to be required for nuclear export of viral ribonucleoprotein complexes (vRNPs) mediated by a cellular export factor, CRM1. The NS2 is a phosphoprotein and binds to the nucleoporin yRip1 and Rab/hRip as well as the M1 protein which associates with the vRNPs. Therefore, the NS2 protein plays an important role in the nuclear export of the vRNPs.
Influenza NEP / NS2 Related Studies
- Enami M. (1997) Structure and function of influenza virus NS1 and NS2 proteins. Nihon Rinsho. 55(10): 2605-9.
- O'Neill RE, et al. (1998) The influenza virus NEP (NS2 protein) mediates the nuclear export of viral ribonucleoproteins. EMBO J. 17(1): 288-96.
- Iwatsuki-Horimoto K, et al. (2004) Generation of influenza A virus NS2 (NEP) mutants with an altered nuclear export signal sequence. J Virol. 78(18): 10149-55.
- Chen J, et al. (2010) Human cellular protein nucleoporin hNup98 interacts with influenza A virus NS2/nuclear export protein and overexpression of its GLFG repeat domain can inhibit virus propagation. J Gen Virol. 91(Pt 10): 2474-84.
- Shimizu T, et al. (2011) Crucial role of the influenza virus NS2 (NEP) C-terminal domain in M1 binding and nuclear export of vRNP. FEBS Lett. 585(1): 41-6.