- EGFR Signaling Pathway
- TGF-beta Signaling
- Canonical Wnt Signaling
- non-Canonical Wnt Signaling
- Notch Signaling
- p53 Pathway
- NF-kB Pathway
- Cytokine Signaling
>Influenza NS1 Protein (Nonstructural Protein 1)
Influenza NS1 Protein (Nonstructural Protein 1) H7N9 Protein & Antibody New !
Nonstructural protein NS1
Influenza NS1 Products
Influenza NS1 Protein, Recombinant
|Molecule||Species||Description //For Detailed Info. and Price------CLICK!||Cat. No|
|Influenza NS1||Influenza A H1N1 Virus||H1N1 (A/Puerto Rico/8/34/Mount Sinai) NS1/Non-structural Protein, Recombinant||40011-V07E|
Influenza NS1 Background
The Influenza non-structural protein 1 (NS1) is created by the internal protein encoding, linear negative-sense, single stranded RNA, NS gene segment, which found in Influenza virus A, Influenza virus B and Influenza virus C, and which also codes for the nuclear export protein or NEP, formerly referred to as the NS2 protein, which mediates the export of vRNPs. The NS1 is a phosphoprotein and has two nuclear localization signals. In the nucleus, the NS1 interferes with the splicing as well as the nuclear export of cellular mRNAs. In the later time of the infection, the NS1 is present in the cytoplasm and associates with the polysomes. The NS1 binds to the 5'UTR of some viral mRNAs and stimulates translation. One intensively described nuclear function of the influenza A NS1 (A/NS1) protein is the inhibition of the splicing and nucleo-cytoplasmic export of cellular mRNAs and. The A/NS1 protein also inhibits the splicing and, hence, export of its own collinear mRNA when expressed by the viral RNA polymerase . This finding indicates that the NS1 protein can act on the processing of cellular and viral mRNA transcripts.
Influenza NS1 Related Studies
- P. Fortes, et al. (1994) Influenza virus NS1 protein inhibits pre-mRNA splicing and blocks mRNA nucleocytoplasmic transport. EMBO J, 13 (February (3)): 704-12.
- Y. Qiu, et al. (1994) The influenza virus NS1 protein is a poly(A)-binding protein that inhibits nuclear export of mRNAs containing poly(A). J Virol. 68 (April (4)): 2425-32.
- Enami M. (1997) Structure and function of influenza virus NS1 and NS2 proteins. Nippon Rinsho. 55(10): 2605-9.
- U. Garaigorta, et al. (2007) Mutation analysis of a recombinant NS replicon shows that influenza virus NS1 protein blocks the splicing and nucleo-cytoplasmic transport of its own viral mRNA, Nucl Acids Res, 35 (14): 4573-82.
- Schneider J, et al. (2009) Nuclear functions of the influenza A and B viruses NS1 proteins: do they play a role in viral mRNA export? Vaccine. 27(45): 6312-6.