|A DNA sequence encoding the mouse IL6 (P08505) (Phe25-Thr211) was expressed and purified.|
|In general, recombinant proteins are provided as lyophilized powder which are shipped at ambient temperature.|
Bulk packages of recombinant proteins are provided as frozen liquid. They are shipped out with blue ice unless customers require otherwise.
|> 95 % as determined by SDS-PAGE|
|1. Measured by its ability to bind biotinylated rat IL6ST-mFch (Cat:80030-R06H) in a functional ELISA.|
2. Measured by its ability to bind biotinylated mouse IL6ST-Fc2h (Cat:50135-M03C) in a functional ELISA.
3. Measured by its ability to bind biotinylated mouse IL6ST-His (Cat:50135-M08H) in a functional ELISA.
4. Measured by its ability to bind biotinylated human IL6RB-Fch (Cat:10974-H03H) in a functional ELISA.
5. Measured in a cell proliferation assay using T1165 mouse plasmacytoma cells. The ED50 for this effect is typically 0.4-2 ng/ml.
|Please contact us for more information.|
|Samples are stable for up to twelve months from date of receipt at -70℃|
|The recombinant mouse IL6 consists of 188 amino acids and predicts a molecular mass of 21.9 KDa. It migrates as an approximately 22 KDa band in SDS-PAGE under reducing conditions.|
|Lyophilized from sterile PBS, pH 7.4|
1. Normally 5 % - 8 % trehalose and mannitol are added as protectants before lyophilization. Specific concentrations are included in the hardcopy of COA.
2. Please contact us for any concerns or special requirements.
|Store it under sterile conditions at -20℃ to -80℃. It is recommended that the protein be aliquoted for optimal storage. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.|
|A hardcopy of COA with reconstitution instruction is sent along with the products. Please refer to it for detailed information.|
Interleukin-6 (IL-6) is a multifunctional α-helical cytokine that regulates cell growth and differentiation of various tissues, which is known particularly for its role in the immune response and acute phase reactions. IL-6 protein is secreted by a variety of cell types including T cells and macrophages as phosphorylated and variably glycosylated molecule. It exerts actions through the its heterodimeric receptor composed of IL-6R that lacks the tyrosine/kinase domain and binds IL-6 with low affinity, and ubiquitously expressed glycoprotein 130 (gp130) that binds the IL-6. IL-6R complex with high affinity and thus transduces signals. IL-6 is also involved in hematopoiesis, bone metabolism, and cancer progression, and has been defined an essential role in directing transition from innate to acquired immunity.