> 95 % as determined by SDS-PAGE
Please contact us for more information.
1. Measured by its ability to bind biotinylated rat IL6ST-mFch (Cat:80030-R06H) in a functional ELISA.
2. Measured by its ability to bind biotinylated mouse IL6ST-Fc2h (Cat:50135-M03C) in a functional ELISA.
3. Measured by its ability to bind biotinylated mouse IL6ST-His (Cat:50135-M08H) in a functional ELISA.
4. Measured by its ability to bind biotinylated human IL6RB-Fch (Cat:10974-H03H) in a functional ELISA.
5. Measured in a cell proliferation assay using T1165 mouse plasmacytoma cells. The ED50 for this effect is typically 0.4-2 ng/ml.
A DNA sequence encoding the mouse IL6 (P08505) (Phe25-Thr211) was expressed and purified.
The recombinant mouse IL6 consists of 188 amino acids and predicts a molecular mass of 21.9 KDa. It migrates as an approximately 22 KDa band in SDS-PAGE under reducing conditions.
Lyophilized from sterile PBS, pH 7.4
1. Normally 5 % - 8 % trehalose, mannitol and 0.01% Tween80 are added as protectants before lyophilization. Specific concentrations are included in the hardcopy of COA.
2. Please contact us
for any concerns or special requirements.
In general, recombinant proteins are provided as lyophilized powder which are shipped at ambient temperature.
Bulk packages of recombinant proteins are provided as frozen liquid. They are shipped out with blue ice unless customers require otherwise.
Stability & Storage
Samples are stable for up to twelve months from date of receipt at -70℃
Store it under sterile conditions at -20℃ to -80℃. It is recommended that the protein be aliquoted for optimal storage. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
A hardcopy of COA with reconstitution instruction is sent along with the products. Please refer to it for detailed information.
Interleukin-6 (IL-6) is a multifunctional α-helical cytokine that regulates cell growth and differentiation of various tissues, which is known particularly for its role in the immune response and acute phase reactions. IL-6 protein is secreted by a variety of cell types including T cells and macrophages as phosphorylated and variably glycosylated molecule. It exerts actions through the its heterodimeric receptor composed of IL-6R that lacks the tyrosine/kinase domain and binds IL-6 with low affinity, and ubiquitously expressed glycoprotein 130 (gp130) that binds the IL-6. IL-6R complex with high affinity and thus transduces signals. IL-6 is also involved in hematopoiesis, bone metabolism, and cancer progression, and has been defined an essential role in directing transition from innate to acquired immunity.
Immune Checkpoint Immunotherapy Cancer Immunotherapy Targeted Therapy
Heinrich PC. et al. (2003). Principles of interleukin-6-type cytokine signalling and its regulation. Biochem J. 374: 1-20. Rose-John S, et al. (2007) The IL-6/sIL-6R complex as a novel target for therapeutic approaches. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 11(5): 613-24. Dinh W, et al. (2009) Elevated plasma levels of TNF-alpha and interleukin-6 in patients with diastolic dysfunction and glucose metabolism disorders. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 8:58.