>Growth Factor & Receptor
Growth Factor & Receptor
Sino biological offers high-quality reagents for research on growth factors and their receptors, including recombinant proteins, antibodies, ELISA kits, and ORF cDNA clones.
Growth Factor & Receptor Products Index
Growth Factor & Receptor Background
The term growth factor encompasses a complex family of polypeptide hormones, steroid hormones, or biological factors that are capable of stimulating cell growth, proliferation and differentiation. Growth factors are important for regulating a variety of cellular processes, including regulating tissue morphogenesis, angiogenesis, cell differentiation, and neurite outgrowth. Growth factors typically act as signaling molecules between cells. Activities of growth factors are mediated via binding to transmembrane receptors that often contain cytoplasmic tyrosine kinase domains. For the last two decades, growth factors have been increasingly used in the treatment of hematologic and oncologic diseases and cardiovascular diseases like: neutropenia, myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS), leukemias, aplastic anaemia, bone marrow transplantation, angiogenesis for cardiovascular diseases.
Growth Factor & Receptor Related Studies
- Pardali E, et al. (2009) Transforming growth factor-beta signaling and tumor angiogenesis. Front Biosci. 14:4848-61.
- Galazios G, et al. (2009) Vascular endothelial growth factor gene polymorphisms and pregnancy. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 22(5):371-8.
- Krejci P, et al. (2009) Molecular pathology of the fibroblast growth factor family. Hum Mutat. 30(9):1245-55.
- Fiore M, et al. (2009) Nerve growth factor as a signaling molecule for nerve cells and also for the neuroendocrine-immune systems. Rev Neurosci. 20(2):133-45.
- Li G, et al. (2010) The epidermal growth factor variant III peptide vaccine for treatment of malignant gliomas. Neurosurg Clin N Am. 21(1):87-93.