>Chemokine / Chemokines
Chemokine / Chemokines
All chemokines are small, with a molecular mass of between 8 and 10 kDa. The major role of chemokines is to act as a chemoattractant to guide the migration of cells. More about Chemokine Structure and Function.
Members of the chemokine family are divided into four groups, including CC chemokines, CXC chemokines, C chemokines, and CX3C chemokines. More about Chemokine Family.
Chemokine receptors are G protein-coupled receptors containing 7 transmembrane domains that are found on the surface of leukocytes. More about Chemokine Receptor.
Chemokine receptors associate with G-proteins to transmit cell signals following ligand binding, which causes the subsequent activation of phospholipase C (PLC). More about Chemokine Signaling.
Some chemokines are considered pro-inflammatory and can be induced during an immune response to recruit cells of the immune system to a site of infection. More about Chemokine Inflammation.
A complex network of chemokines and their receptors influences the development of primary tumours and metastases. More about Chemokines and Cancer.
Cytokines and chemokines are redundant secreted proteins with growth, differentiation, and activation functions. More about Chemokines and Cytokines.
- Shute J, et al. (2012) Glycosaminoglycan and chemokine/growth factor interactions. Handb Exp Pharmacol. (207):307-24.
- Thomas J, et al. (2011) Overcoming hurdles in developing successful drugs targeting chemokine receptors. Nature. 11, 355-363.
- Fran Balkwill. (2004) Cancer and the chemokine network. Nature. 4, 540-550.
- Iain C, et al. (2011) Mini-review series: focus on chemokines. Immunology and Cell Biology. 89, 183–184.
- Borish LC, et al. (2003) Cytokines and chemokines. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 111(2 Suppl):S460-75.
- Charles R, et al. (2001) Chemokines: immunology's high impact factors. Nature Immunology. 2, 95 - 101.
- Sanjiv A, et al. (2001) Chemokines as regulators of T cell differentiation. Nature Immunology. 2, 102 - 107.
Browse by chemokine-receptor
Browse by product category
Browse by molecular